Membership of the assembly shall be open to every Citizen of Nigeria irrespective of his/her religious, ethnic, regional, gender, social, economic or political status, provided that:
- The person must be a decent and patriotic citizen of Nigeria within the age range of 18 to 39 years as stipulated by the Nigerian National youth policy
- He/She accepts the aims, objectives, principles, Ideology, fundamental values, polices and programmes of the assembly
- qualifies for either honorary or life membership
- The National Ambassadors must be nominated or elected by the state youth as their legal representative. The National Assembly is made up of 109 Ambassadors (representing the 36 states and FCT), International Ambassadors and the Clerk of the Assembly who shall be nominated by the Speaker and approved by the national Assembly members
- Each member shall pay the prescribed annual fee for the state to enjoy all rights and privileges at the National sitting.